- How do I open an account with Linde?
You will need to open a Linde account to purchase products and services from AGA by phone, online or through one of our agents.
To request an account application form, simply send us an email or call our customer service team in your country.
Opening an account by post
Once you have completed the application form, return it to the address found on your local webpage. You will need to provide the following information in the form:
- your company and the account holder's name
- a complete address with postcode
- a contact name and a telephone number.
It will need to be signed by a duly authorised representative of your company (partner/director/individual).
Once we have received and processed your application you will receive a Welcome Pack together with your unique account number.
Opening an account in person
You can also visit your nearest Linde agent to an open an account. Once you have completed the form, your account can be opened immediately. You will need to provide proof of address (such as a recent utility bill) and a form of photographic ID (such as a driving licence or passport).
Use the Agent finder to locate your nearest agent.
- How can I order from Linde?
In order to trade with Linde, you will need to open an account. To place an order, call your local Customer Service.When contacting us about a new order, please ensure that you quote your account number.
Once you are an account holder, not only can you enjoy all the benefits of Linde's outstanding customer service, but also access online help regarding your cylinder holdings, account balance and invoice history.
- What gas products can I buy from Linde?
Linde gases are used in many commercial and private industry sectors and across a range of diverse applications.
We supply over 20,000 compressed gases and mixtures. The main industrial product groups include:
- Inert gases. Carbon dioxide (CO2), nitrogen oxygen-free (N2O), Pureshield argon (Ar)
- Fuel gases. Dissolve acetylene(C2H2), hydrogen (H2), propane(C3H8), Powerjet propylene (C3H6)
- Oxidant gases. Compressed air, oxygen (O2)
- Shielding gases. Alushield, Argoshield, Stainshield
- Laser and assist gases
- Refrigeration gases
- Cryogenic gases
- Foodfresh gases
- Balloon gas
- Linde also supply non-industrial gas for medical use, hospitality and scientific research
- Why do I need to pay rental on cylinders?
Rental charges cover the maintenance and replenishment of our cylinder stocks, helping us to ensure you are supplied with cylinders which are safe, reliable and fit for the purpose of containing gas.
We test our cylinders regularly and replace those that have reached the end of serviceable life.
We continue to invest in the development of different cylinder types to meet your supply needs.
- Can I buy a cylinder from Linde?
Linde only supply our cylinders on a rental basis, enabling us to maintain cylinders with regular testing and ensure they are safe and fit for use.
Any cylinder which does not meet our safety standards will be removed from circulation and disposed of safely.
- Will Linde fill my non-Linde cylinder?
- Linde do not fill non-Linde cylinders as there is no historical record of the cylinder contents, testing or cylinder age.
- How can I ensure I use gas safely?
It is important that those who use, handle or transport gas are aware of its potential hazards.
It is your responsibility to know the properties of the gas in your cylinder and to adhere to related safety regulations.
- How many balloons can I fill with my helium cylinder?
- It depends on the size of the balloon and size of the helium cylinder.
- What if I have other questions which have not been answered?
Please visit your country website for more specific contact information.