- Analysis & Instrumentation
- Cleaning, Polishing & Grinding
- Cryogenic Preservation
- Fish Farming
- Freezing & Cooling
- Gas Installations
- Heat Treatment
- Modified & Controlled Atmospheres
- Melting & Heating
- Moulding, Foaming, Forming & Extrusion
- Petrochemical Processing & Refining
- Pharma & Biotechnology
- Process Chemistry
- Water Treatment
- Welding Related Processes
Mixtures of hydrogen (H2) and carbon monoxide (CO), known as syngas, are fed to processes for large scale production of methanol and various so-called oxo products like higher alcohols and aldehydes.
Among other applications is e. g. the elimination of oxygen from boiler feed water.
Main processes for hydrogen production:
- Steam reforming of methane or other hydrocarbons
- Gasification of organic feedstock to syngas (H2/CO)
- Recovery from gaseous waste streams
Electrolysis of NaCl.
Click to see a larger version of the image
Oxygen enrichment levels